The EPICC Program works with partners across the state to build a healthcare system where high quality medical care is available to all people. EPICC is focused on supporting health systems through
- Continuing education – Regular training on school nursing and the latest on diabetes care
- Million Hearts – A national coalition working to prevent one million heart attacks
- Practice Recommendations – Recommendations for hypertension treatment and management
- Physician Resources – Resources for supporting patients in making healthy lifestyle changes
- Team-Base Care – Examples of team based care initiatives from throughout Utah
- Quality Improvement – Tools for using clinical data to improve how care is delivered to populations, or groups, of patients.
Practice Recommendations – Using simple, accepted hypertension treatment protocols can significantly improve hypertension care. Treatment protocols:
- Clarify titration intervals and treatment options
- Improve timely follow-up with patients
- Support all healthcare team members in practicing at the top of their license
The 7th Joint National Committee (JNC7) has reviewed available evidence on hypertension treatment and developed a set of widely accepted hypertension guidelines
The national Million Hearts Initiative has put together several specific protocols and tools for developing and effective protocol to help clinics put treatment guidelines into practice.