Help us prevent one million heart attacks and strokes by 2017
Million Hearts® is a national initiative to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes by 2017. Million Hearts® brings together communities, health systems, nonprofit organizations, federal agencies, and private-sector partners from across the country to fight heart disease and stroke.
Utah Million Hearts Coalition
The Utah Million Hearts Coalition, in conjunction with the national Million Hearts initiative, aims to prevent heart attacks and strokes by improving clinical blood pressure measurement in Utah through accurate blood pressure measurement and control.
Partners include the Utah Department of Health EPICC Program, Intermountain Healthcare, University of Utah, American Heart Association, HealthInsight, Local Health Departments, private providers, Utah Health Information Network, Utah Medical Association.
The Coalition meets twice a month to coordinate efforts. Please contact Brittany Brown at (801)538-6215, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What We’re Doing
- Phase 1: Conduct statewide needs assessment to determine greatest needs of primary care clinics
- Phase 2: Provide clinics with innovative tools and resources based on assessment results
- Phase 3: Conduct follow-up assessment and recognize clinics for excellence in blood pressure measurement
For more information about the assessment, find out how to participate, or see results, please contact Brittany Brown at (801) 538-6215, email@example.com.
- May: Statewide assessment of clinic blood pressure measurement
- May: Webinar on most current hypertension guidelines. CMEs will be available
- June 17: NACDD Million Hearts Stakeholder workshop
- University of Utah Health Care, Hypertension Clinic
- EHR Cardiac Measures Report Guide: A Guide for Measuring and Improving Cardiac Measures in an Electronic Health Record (PDF)